Basic Difference Between Analog and Digital Signal
An Analog signal has a continue of values (infinite number of levels) over a defined interval of time.
A digital signal can take one of the two values 1 or 0, high or low.An information can be represented in digital from using digital signals.
Analog and Digital System
An analog system contains devices that manipulated physical quantities that are represented in analog form.In the analog system,the quantities can vary over a continuous range of values.
A digital system is a combination of devices designed to manipulated physical quantities or information that are represented in digital form.
Advantages of Digital Signal
2) Information storage is Easy.
3) Accuracy and Precision are greater.
4) Operation can be Programmed.
5) Digital systems are less effected by noise and distortion.
6) More digital circuitry can be fabricated on IC chips.
7) Error detection and correction is possible in digital communication.
8) Secure communication is possible due to decryption and spectrum provides anti-jamming
9) Compression of data is possible.
10) Use of VLSI(Very Large Scale Integration) technology has made transceivers small in size
and weight,handy and mobile.
11) Digital circuits are more reliable.